Reliable $1 Web Hosting by 3iX

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ST Letters : Loan sharks turn dream home into family nightmare

Jan 17, 2010

YOUR LETTERS

Loan sharks turn dream home into family nightmare

My family moved into our dream home, a terrace house, in the east last year.

Our joy turned to shock when we woke up one morning to find our front gate and yard covered with red and blue paint.

There was also a note with the name of the former owner, his mobile phone number and the symbols 'O$P$'.

We realised immediately that this was the work of loan sharks.

We called the former owner immediately and he readily admitted that he had borrowed money from unlicensed moneylenders.

We asked him to inform the loan sharks that his house had been sold to us and to stop harassing us, but the harassment continued.

In the next four months up till last week, my house was splashed with paint in six more incidents.

Once, our main gate was chained with a bicycle lock. Another time, my car was splashed with red paint.

Our neighbours were also not spared. At least four other households were victims of the harassment and vandalism, because of the same borrower.

I have reported all the cases to the police, as well as appealed to my MP for help, but the situation has not improved. I pasted a sign on my gate saying that the former owner had already moved out, but it has not helped.

I also made the mistake of calling one of the loan sharks in an attempt to appeal for his understanding that I am the new owner.

Since then, he has been calling me and threatening to continue the harassment until he is paid.

The police have installed closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras in my house but another case of harassment happened on the day of the installation.

Clearly the loan sharks are not afraid, since all the police can do is arrest the runners. The loan sharks can just get other runners to continue the harassment.

I am truly fearful for the safety of my family.

In the latest case, the loan sharks threw two beer bottles filled with paint into my front yard. The glass fragments were scattered all over the yard and could have injured my family.

I cannot imagine what the perpetrators will do next. Will they set fire to my house or break the doors and windows?

My family has been living in a state of fear. Our beautiful house has now turned into a mess with paint all over. I have given up cleaning because I know the loan sharks will strike again.

Right now, I see no end to my misery, and I have not received any updates on my case. I do not know when and how all this will end. What else can I do?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Pre-development Land Investing

In business for over 30 years, success in providing real estate investment opportunities to clients around the world is a simple, yet effective separation of roles and responsibilites. The four pillars of strength guide the land from the research and acquisition, through to the exit, including the distribution of proceeds to our clients ......


To know more how this is really work for you and your clients....

Please contact me Terence Tay @ (+65) 9387-5896 or email : terencetay.kh@gmail.com