Reliable $1 Web Hosting by 3iX

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ST Letters : HDB can still rectify Pinnacle's railings

Jan 17, 2010

YOUR LETTERS

HDB can still rectify Pinnacle's railings

I read with interest the article 'High anxiety at Pinnacle over short railings' last Sunday.

When I visited my long-awaited new home recently at Pinnacle@Duxton, I was dismayed to see such railings for both the middle units on every floor.

The height is definitely a design and security flaw. I believe anyone can do a 'Spiderman' stunt to enter our unit.

I also noted that painting work on my block was being rushed, and there were still workers around, taking naps and lunch breaks on my floor outside the other units.

Before I left my unit, I left a pineapple in the kitchen. I did not lock the courtyard door as it was not locked before I entered my unit. Also, there was nothing else in my unit.

However, when I went back to my new place two days later, I found that the pineapple was gone.

In the article, the Housing Board spokesman said the Pinnacle has 'no design flaw' and that 'safety and security are major considerations in the design of HDB flats'.

Yet the board has also said that residents can install grilles with locks and security appliances 'to make their homes more secure'.

So does this mean I can install full grilles for my unit now, in view of this break-in?

The HDB should have done a floor-to-ceiling railing instead of the current 1.8m-high one.

The middle units are very vulnerable to break-ins. Anyone can hang around the corridor, monitor the unit and climb in.

It is not too late for the HDB to rectify this design flaw.

Desmond Teo

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Pre-development Land Investing

In business for over 30 years, success in providing real estate investment opportunities to clients around the world is a simple, yet effective separation of roles and responsibilites. The four pillars of strength guide the land from the research and acquisition, through to the exit, including the distribution of proceeds to our clients ......


To know more how this is really work for you and your clients....

Please contact me Terence Tay @ (+65) 9387-5896 or email : terencetay.kh@gmail.com