Reliable $1 Web Hosting by 3iX

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ST Forum : Help pro-children families get suitable flats

Mar 2, 2010

Help pro-children families get suitable flats

I AM a proud father of three young children, with twins who have just turned 17 months. I live in a three-room HDB flat and find it difficult to house my family, including my father-in-law, in my current unit.

As the sole breadwinner, I hope the Government can help pro-children families like mine obtain suitably larger flats at affordable prices.

Recently, I submitted a petition via my MP to allow me to upgrade to a four-room flat through direct purchase from the HDB of any balance or repossessed flats in my area. I have been unsuccessful in my past three balloting exercises.

The HDB has indicated that I stand a better chance of obtaining a flat through the build-to-order scheme and advised me to look at resale flats. However, current resale market prices are beyond what I can possibly afford.

The Government is right that monetary benefits alone will not increase the birth rate. What is needed is an adjustment of HDB policies to aid pro-children families like mine.

Alvin Sia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pre-development Land Investing

In business for over 30 years, success in providing real estate investment opportunities to clients around the world is a simple, yet effective separation of roles and responsibilites. The four pillars of strength guide the land from the research and acquisition, through to the exit, including the distribution of proceeds to our clients ......


To know more how this is really work for you and your clients....

Please contact me Terence Tay @ (+65) 9387-5896 or email : terencetay.kh@gmail.com