Reliable $1 Web Hosting by 3iX

Saturday, January 30, 2010

ST Forum : Costly flats

Jan 27, 2010

Costly flats

'How did it come to this?'

MR ROBIN CHUA: 'Although, unlike young couples, I am unaffected by the spike in flat prices, Saturday's report, 'Cash premiums for HDB flats hit a high', with its slew of price-spiking catchphrases - 'buyers desperate', 'high demand' and 'tight supply' - begs this question: After 40 years of public housing, how did it come to this? The Housing Board should stop insisting that enough flats are being built. The over-subscription by many times at each launch of public flats clearly shows that there are not enough new flats, thus pushing buyers towards the resale market, which in turn pushes prices and cash-over-valuation (COV) up; it's a vicious price circle. The irony is that on the one hand, young couples are urged to marry and have children early to help increase the procreation rate; and on the other hand, they are indirectly told to wait five years to get a flat and start a family.'

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Pre-development Land Investing

In business for over 30 years, success in providing real estate investment opportunities to clients around the world is a simple, yet effective separation of roles and responsibilites. The four pillars of strength guide the land from the research and acquisition, through to the exit, including the distribution of proceeds to our clients ......


To know more how this is really work for you and your clients....

Please contact me Terence Tay @ (+65) 9387-5896 or email : terencetay.kh@gmail.com